Spine & Joint Center of Phenix City and South Atlanta
Dr. Stephen Cooper, D.C.
Doctor of Chiropractic
Dr. Cooper’s mission at Phenix City Spine & Joint Center is to focus his abilities, energies, talents and gifts in a specialized yet personable way resolving the health care needs of his patients, as well as restoring health and creating a lifestyle of wellness through education and compassion.
- Dr. Stephen B. Cooper1984 - 1988: Grand Valley State University – Allendale, MI - Baccalaureate in Science - emphasis in psychology - Berthold Price Scholastic Scholarship
- 1988 - 1992: Palmer College of Chiropractic - Davenport, Iowa - Cum Laude, Chi Rho Theta Research Honors, Harvey Lilliard And Rugby Scholarship
- 1991 - 1992: Assistant Chiropractor - Internship - Quad City Thunder Basketball Team
- 1992 - 1992: Internship - Mosley Clinic of Chiropractic
- 1993: Georgia Chiropractic Association - Disability Exam and Rating
- 1996: Logan College of Chiropractic - Military and Hospital Protocol and Procedure
- 1996: Life College of Chiropractic - Thompson Technique and Protocols
- 1999: American Academy of Physical and Manual Medicine: Certified for Manipulation Under Anesthesia - Houston, TX
- 2000: American Academy of Pain Management: Pain Management protocol and alternative care
- 2002: American Society of Pain Management
- 2005: Began CCSP Certification - Sports Injury Certification
- 1992 - 1994: Assistant Doctor - Mosley Clinic of Chiropractic
- 1994 - Present: Managing Doctor - Cooper Chiropractic Health Clinic, LLC
- 1996: President of District 7 Georgia Chiropractic Association
- 1996 - 1998: Department of Defense - Headed research team and was the first chiropractor to work for the military in the state of Georgia. The only Chiropractor in state licensed to work in a Georgia Hospital.
- 2000 - Present: Board Member - Direct Services - Heads Home Health Care, Meals on Wheels and Elderly Care for 4 counties.
- 2006: Opened the Phenix City Spine & Joint Center in Phenix City, AL
- 2007: Chosen as committee member of the Hospital & Chiropractic Development Committee
- 2009: Accepted on staff at Georgia Surgery Center - Forest Park, GA
- 2010: Founded ChiMedical - Managing company to assist medical and chiropractic physicians in performing Manipulation Under Anesthesia
- 2011- Present President of Board of the Russell County Crisis Center
- 2011: Present Adjunct Professor Virginia College, Columbus, Georgia
- 2012: Virginia College MBC/HCR Advisory Board
- 2012 Founded ChiMedical Management Group, LLC - Train and Manage MUA Procedures
- 2014 Founded South Atlanta MUA Center
- 2016 Began Collaboration for MUA procedures in Chattanooga TN
- 2016 Opened South Atlanta Spine & Joint Center, LLC Chiropractic facility in Forest Pk GA
- Alabama State Chiropractic Association - ASCA
- Phenix City Chamber of Commerce
- Georgia Chiropractic Association
State Licenses Held:
- Alabama, Georgia with Physiologic Therapeutics Distinction
South Atlanta Spine & Joint Center, LLC
Beatrice Lynne Lofton, D.C.
Dr. Lynne Lofton has been a Georgia resident for the past 20 years. She has over 28 years of combined clinical and administrative medical experience. She holds several certifications in clinical applications. Dr. Lofton is also an US Army Veteran.
Dr. Lofton completed her undergraduate requirements at Bowie State University in the Honors Program and the College of Southern Maryland where she was inducted into the International Honors Society. She completed her Doctor of Chiropractic degree at Life University College of Chiropractic in Marietta, Georgia. She successfully completed all parts of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners requirements, and is certified in physiotherapy. Dr. Lofton is a certified Whiplash Injury Specialist- biomechanist, through the San Diego Spine Research Institute.
Dr. Lofton believes that everyone should have the opportunity to have optimum health through chiropractic and holistic care, nutrition, and wellness. She desires to create a better community, One Spine at a Time!
- 2016 Provider - South Atlanta Spine & Joint Center, LLC Chiropractic facility in Forest Pk GA
- February 2012-Present - Elite Chiropractic and Wellness, LLC Chiropractor/Owner/Registered Medical Examiner
- October 2013-April 2015 Arrowhead Clinics Chiropractor/Clinic Director
- September 2012-October 2013 Eastside Spine and Anti-Aging ChiropractorOctober 2011-March 2012 Chiropractic Intern
- March 2012-June 2012 Apex Healthcare Chiropractic Intern
- February 2007-October 2007 Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates
- 2007-2012 Life University College of Chiropractic Doctor of Chiropractic HIGH HONORS
- 1992-1996 College of Southern Maryland LaPlata, Maryland
- AA Degree Applied Science & Technology May 1996
- AA Degree General Studies May 1996
- AA Degree Arts & Science May 1994
- 1994-1995 Bowie State University Biology Major- Bowie State Honors Program
- 1982-1984 Charles County Vocational Technical Center Pomfret, Maryland - Health Occupation/Medical Assistant Certification
- 2016 MUA Certification - ChiMedical Management Group
- 2016 Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration - National Registry of Certified Medical Examiner
- 2013 Spine Research Institute of San Diego - Whiplash Injury Biomechanics & Traumatology Certification
- 2012 Apex Healthcare - Chiropractic Intern
- 2011-2012 Eastside Spine and Anti-Aging - Chiropractic Intern
- 2003-2005 Georgia State Licensing - Georgia Insurance License – Life, Health, and Sickness
- 2000-2005 Georgia Secretary of State - Notary Public
- 1994-1998 American Red Cross Association - First Aid Certification
- 1990-1996 American Heart Association - Instructor-CPR Certification
- 1990-1996 University of Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute - Certified Emergency Medical Technician
- 1989-1996 Bryans Road Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad - Emergency Medical Technician
Phenix City Spine & Joint Center, LLC
Sean Lauraitis, D.C.
Dr. Sean Lauraitis’ father was a Chiropractor for over 35 years and was an incredible influence on his decision to follow in his father’s footsteps and become a chiropractor. When asked why he chose chiropractic, he responded that he witnessed how chiropractic affected the lives and health of his father’s patients without the use of drugs or surgery. He has watched patients who could barely walk in, stooped over and hurting and be able walk out upright with decreased pain. He had also been adjusted his whole life and was able to see its benefit while playing High School and College sports.
He has served the Auburn/Opelika area for 11 years and has seen a wide range of patients from the elderly to infants. He has had the pleasure of treating Olympic athletes for track and field from Jamaica, Bahamas, and Trinidad Tobago that have competed in the 2008, 2012 and 2016 Olympics. Some of his greatest pleasure is to be able to see a whole family being treated, to know that each member is able to perform to their best ability.
Dr. Lauraitis believes that Chiropractic is a functional and holistic approach to health and wellness that does not employ medicine, which may have side effects or invasive procedures such as surgery, but rather it releases the healing force within the human body, so functions of the body may be restored to normal. This is what attracted him to this profession and now he brings this passion for helping others to the Phenix City area to provide care to the wonderful people of this region.
- 1993-1996 The University of Southern Mississippi- Hattiesburg, MS - Pre Medical program
- 1996-1999 Life University College – Marietta, GA– Doctor of Chiropractic
- December 2016 - Present - Tandem Doctor at The Phenix City Spine & Joint Center
- November 2003 to December 2014- Lauraitis Chiropractic - Auburn, AL
- March 2003-August 2003- Sturbridge Chiropractic - Montgomery, AL
Chiropractic Society of Alabama
Krystal Michelle Johnson - Massage Therapist
After serving 4 years in the military as Correctional Officer, having my first child, and getting married, I knew I wanted a change of career. Being very independent, physically active, and compassionate towards others, massage therapy was the perfect choice.
I began my massage therapy career in Kansas City, where I graduated from Heritage College in 2006. With over 1,200 hours of training in manual therapy, I received my Associates Degree. Before moving to Fort Stewart, GA in 2008, I worked in a day spa and a fitness center, where I became very attached to my patients and the process of their self healing. In Georgia, I also worked at a spa and loved helping fellow soldiers reduce their stress and injuries, mentally and physically. Sadly, I had to leave them, too, when we moved to Hawaii in 2011. There I decided to take some time off and explore the beauties of that amazing land, but I did not stop working toward my passion of helping others. I went on to do continuing education in Massage for Carpal Tunnel, Fibromyalgia, and Cancer, as well as Acupressure, Essential oils, and Sports Rehabilitative massage.
While in Hawaii, I was introduced to Crossfit, and found a new passion for the body and how it works with weight training and nutrition. I then went on to become a Specialist in Fitness Nutrition and a Certified Fitness Trainer, which assists me in being better rounded and educated on the entire body and how it functions as a whole. Finally landing in the Phenix City area, my family is ready to retire and settle in the Southern town. I am licensed in the state of Alabama, and am happy to be back doing what I love, and helping others make healthy changes in their lives.
As a board-certified massage therapist with the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB), the highest attainable level in this profession, I believe in complete body wellness and the body’s ability to heal itself. Massage therapy is one of the many paths to restoring health and wholeness to the body. Through neuromuscular therapy, myofascial release, deep trigger-point therapy and Swedish massage, I am able to assist in the mitigation of everyday stress, chronic pain, headaches, repetitive motion and tendonitis. Clients appreciate my firm, strong touch, my intuition, and ability to cue in on their specific needs. My mission is to help my clients reach their goals through discovery and growth, so that they can work hard and play even harder! MASSAGE WITH A PURPOSE!